Friday, April 5, 2013

List Review Friday #5

I will be posting two lists for review today and let you guys decide which is better.  Both will be 1850pt lists and both will be for the Bugeater GT at the end of May.

The first list will be a changed list from the one i posted last week.  After testing that list, it didnt quite work for me, so I have modified it into something much more manageable.  Here it is:

HQ
The Baron- 105

TR
x10 Warriors, Cannon- 100
x10 Warriors, Cannon- 100
X5 Warriors, Blaster, Venom- 125
x5 Warriors, Blaster, Venom- 125

FST
x5 Beast Masters, x1 Fiend, x5 Khymera, x6 Flock- 250

HVY
Ravager, nightshields- 115
Voidraven, x3 Shatterfield, Flickfield- 185
Voidraven, x3 Shatterfield, Flickfield- 185

Allies
Farseer, Jetbike, Doom, Runes, Singing Spear- 128
x5 Fire Dragons, Exarch w/Crack Shot, Tank Hunters- 112
x10 Guardians, Scatter Laser- 95
Night Spinner- 115

Aegis Defense Line, Quad Gun- 100

Basics:
Baron and Farseer goes with Beasts and they head right at my enemy.
Venoms provide supporting fire.
The foot Warriors grab Table Quarters/ Objectives and provide support fire.
Ravager blows tanks.
Voidravens come in and unload where they are most needed.
Guardians hide behind the Defense Line, hopefully on an objective.
Fire Dragons are on the Quad Gun. They are, to me the best AA in the game. BS 5, Ignores Cover, and i get to reroll armor Pen rolls... ANY rolls to Pen armor, even Glances. Very strong.
Night Spinner picks on weak units or picks out characters in units.

I think I have a solid base, but I am very unsure on the foot Warrior squads. I know in this GT they are doing table quarters and you control the quarters with more points in the unit than your opponent. The foot squads allow me to not only have an extra troop, but I can capture an extra quarter and combine them, if need be to create a more secure foothold in th table quarter.

The only other thing I am concerned about is massive armor. I can deal with 5-6 hulls. But if IG or Eldar or a MEQ army bring 8-9 hulls, I can be in trouble. Target priority will be key.

I think I can kill 3 Helldrakes, 2 Stormravens or Vendettas, but will struggle to kill 6 Necron fliers.

I think I can kill hordes or a large number of foot infantry.

I think i can deal with hybrid lists. I think I can deal with balanced lists.

What are my list's major weaknesses? What should I be scared of? What questions do you have on my list? Are there any questionable units?


The second list is my brother Space Marine/Space Wolf list he wants to bring to the tournament.  he has never used allies nor is the list in his comfort zone.  But, I feel the list covers all of the bases very well and allows for any type of list to be coutnered with his units.  Here is his list:
 
HQ
Pedro Kantor- 175
 
EL
x10 Sternguard, x6 Combi-Meltas, x2 Heavy Flamers, Drop Pod- 335
 
TR
x5 Scouts, Cloaks- 90
x10 Tactical Marines, Lascannon, Melta Gun, PW, Las/Plas Razorback- 275
 
FST
Storm Talon w/ Skyhammer Missiles- 125
Storm Talon w/ Skyhammer Missiles- 125

Allies
Runes Priest, Chooser, Termie Armor, Living Lightning, Jaws- 130
x8 Grey Hunters, Plasma, Banner, Pod- 175
x10 Grey Hunters, x2 Plasma, Banner, Pod- 205
x5 Long Fangs, x4 Missiles- 115

Aegis Defense Line, Quad Gun- 100

So his list incorporates 5 scoring units, 2 of which will almost exclusively Combat Squad every time (Sternguard, Las/Plas Squad).  2 Pods come in first turn, and my bet would be the Sternguard and the Runpriest so you can maximize the killing of the units. 

The Sternguard may seem awkward, but they can kill anything.  Split the Meltas evenly and throw one heavy Flamer in each combat Squad.  There is nothing in the game that can hold up against this squad besides a flier, but you still can shoot 6 Meltas at it.

He has a pretty good backfield support with the Fangs, Las/Plas, the Lascannon and the Scouts.  Not a lot of bodies but enough to be able to punish people who stray too close or are meched up. 

CC is a weakness, but the Grey Hunters help remedy that with the Banners and their Coutner Attack. 

I think this is a well balanced list.  When I fought it last night with the list above it, the problem i saw with the pods was that 20 guys can be dispensed rather easily.  So picking targets and eliminating them is huge.  target priority cannot be fethed up.

Let mek now what you think of both lists and how they can be improved on.  How do you think each list will perform?  What are nightmare scenario and lists that each one would not want to face?

-YEE! YEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment