Friday, March 22, 2013

List Review Friday #4

So to get things back on track, I wanted to do another List Review Friday!  Below will be a list i am going to try out for the BugeaterGT coming on May 31st.  I will be going with two fellow Punishers and takign the 22 hour drive with them to Omaha.  I am super excited and awaiting the final mission packet to come out so I can begin playtesting the missions.

Here is the list:

HQ
The Baron- 105

TR
x5 Warriors, Blaster, Venom- 125
x5 Warriors, Blaster, Venom- 125
x10 Warriors, Cannon- 100
x10 Warriors, Cannon- 100

FST
x5 Beast Masters, x1 Fiend, x5 Khymera, x6 Flock- 250

HVY
Voidraven, x3 Shatterfield Missiles, Flickerfield- 185
Voidraven, x3 Shatterfield Missiles, Flickerfield- 185

Allies
Farseer, Bikes, Runes, Doom- 125
x10 Guardians, x2 Fusion Guns, Serpent w/ TL-Scatter Laser, Cannon- 217
x10 Guardians, x2 Fusion Guns, Serpent w/ TL-Scatter Laser, Cannon- 217
Night Spinner- 115

Total 1850

Things I like:

1. 50 Scoring bodies!  Allows me to take multiple objectives.  Also, they will be doing Table Quarters at their event, so I can take Quarters easily as well.

2.  I have all the bases covered.  I have Anti-flier in the Voidravens and the Serpents.  I have AI with Venoms, Warriors, Spinner, Voidravens.  I have AT with the Voidraven, Guardians, Serpents.  CC is covered with the Beasts. 

3.  Balance!  This kind of goes hand in hand with #2, but this list is nciely balanced.  It doesn't have any inherent weaknesses I believe nor does it have a very hard counter.  I have an answer for any list i will see in some way.  (I imagine a lot of triple Helldrake and Necron airforce lists to be here)

4.  Target priority difficulites for my opponent.  I dont think there is a clear first thign to shoot at from my opponent.  Take down the Beasts?  Tough job to do.  Blow the Serpents?  Beasts and supporting fire will shoot you down.  Take care of the foot Warriors for First Blood?  Fine, my Beasts and Serpents move up unscathed.  I think target priority is difficult and I present you with multiple, viable threats, all of which can hurt you in multiple ways.

Things I dont like:

1.  No Ravager.  I love that thing, it is so good for its points.  I decided to drop it in favor of the Serpents.  It adds a ton of versatility and enables me to get First Blood very regularly.  This is by far the thign I liek least about the list, but I will see how it works.

2.  The list is fragile.  I know Eldar and DE aren't known for their durability, but when someone makes it rain on the list, it will pour.  If the Serpents blow, the Guardians die.  I have foot Warriors who need cover.  i am unsure on tables and their length of terrain so it is a big gamble.

3.  Extreme list difficulties.  Triple Helldrakes I think will be very difficult.  I have foot squads that will burn easily.  My Beasts just die to those things.  My AA is Str 6 from the Serpents so it is difficult apart from the Bombers to reliably kill them.  New Tau sound very promising and could pose some problems.

Overall I think it is a solid list.  There are things I like, and things that make my stomach upset.  I definately need to playtest it out and see how it functions.  No doubt there will be changes and such to the list in the coming weeks.

Let me know what you gusy think and ways to improve the list!  Thanks!

-YEE!  YEE!

1 comment:

  1. I like the use of storm guardians. While I have only tried them once I think they make a great addition to your force.

    ReplyDelete