Friday, November 30, 2012

Escalation League in Lodi and Twin-Linked Tourny this weekend!

So this weekend for me and my crew is chalked FULL of 40k.  I am looking forward to it.

First up is the last day of the Escalation League in Lodi, CA.  The tournament is being held at The Launchpad and put on a good buddy of mine Phil.  The guys at Central Valley Commanders have done a great job with that.

The torunament started at 500pts and is ending at 1250.  There is some stiff competition but I have managed to be undefeated thus far.  Two games at 1250 stand in my way at victory!  If I manage to win or tie my first game I will win the tournament. 

I am pitted against my very good friend Ray Barrera.  He is part of the CVC and is my partner in the Twin-Linked tournament on Sunday!  I have never managed to beat him in a game of 40k, which pisses me off to begin with, but I am confident in my abilities to beat him.  He will be playing his Chaos and I will be fielding my Dark Eldar.  I put the weeks next to the units so you can know how I escalated.  Hope it isn't too comfortable.

My list is as follows:

HQ
Haemonculus- 50 (Week 1)

TR
x3 Wracks, Venom- 95 (Week 1)
x5 Wracks, Liqufyer, Raider, Dessies- 120 (Week 3)
x5 Wracks, Liqufyer, Raider, Dessies- 120 (Week 3)
x5 Warriors, Venom- 125 (Week 1)
x5 Warriors, Venom- 125 (Week 2)

HVY
Ravager, Nightshields- 115 (Week 1)
Ravager, Nightshields, Dessies- 115 (Week 1)
Ravager, Nightshields, Dessies- 115 (Week 2)

Allies
Farseer, Doom, Runes- 95 (Week 4)
x5 Dire Avengers- 60 (Week 4)
Nightspinner- 115 (Week 4)

I think it is pretty solid for an escalation league.  I know my buddy Ray is runnign Cultists and hides behind a Defense Line with a Quad-Gun, a Vindicator, some Oblits, and soem Havocs.  Usually we discuss what we are bringing, but he has been tight-lipped this week!  Get em!!!

So that takes care of Saturday, and on Sunday we have the bi-monthly Twin-Linked tournament which is a Doubles Tournament that is comped pretty heavily.  It makes for very interesting army lists and strategies used!  Me and my buddy Ray will be fresh off of our Championship bout to fight for the Championship in the Twin Linked!  We are currently down by only 1 point for the lead and this is the last Twin-linked for the year! 

A disclaimer about the Comp.  You and your partner must bring an HQ and atleast 1 Troop apiece.  Then your FOC is limited to 0-1 for Elites, Fast, and Heavy.  Troops is 1-3.  Each side has a 1000pts.  If you share the same codex no double entries besides Troops may be taken.  (EX: Two Space Wolf players may not have 2 Long Fang Packs)

This is the list we plan on bringing to the Twin-Linked:

Dark Eldar:

HQ
The Baron- 105

TR
x5 Warriors, Blaster, Venom- 125
x5 Warriors, Blaster, Venom- 125
x20 Warriors, x2 Dark lances- 230

HVY
Voidraven Bomber, x4 Shatterfields, Nightshields, Flickerfields- 205

FORT
Defense Line, Quad Gun- 100

Eldar

HQ
Farseer, Runes, Spear, Fortune- 103

TR
x10 Wraithguard, Conceal- 396
x7 Jetbikes, x2 Cannons, Embolden, Spear- 205

FAST
x7 Warp Spiders, Exarch, x2 Spinners, Power Blades- 181

HVY
Night Spinner- 115

I really like our lists and thinkthey synergize very well.  We have no CC but our shooting is insane and we do have some tough troops which this Tournament emphasizes heavily. 

I am hoping to bring two Championships home this weekend!  Wish me luck and let me know what you think of the lists!

-YEE!  YEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment