Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Inaugural Twin-Linked GT THIS Weekend!

So this weekend will be the first ever Twin-Linked GT.  Those that have followed this blog for the last year or so know that the Twin-Linked tournament held at great Escape Games in Sacramento, CA is a bi-monthly Team Tournament run by fellow Sac City Punisher Omegaprime.  This coming weekend, instead of running a 6th Team Tournament, Omegaprime has decided to run a 2 Day GT event that follows the same format as his regular tournament.  The GT however features MUCH more prize support, swag bags, Friday night gaming and fun, and a multitude of other things.  Something I am very much looking forward to and have been for the entire year!

I will again be teaming up with my buddy Big Ray Barrera and we will be bringing the PAIN!  Our lists are below:

Yeeman's Dark Eldar

Baron

x8 Harlequins, Shadowseer, x6 Kisses

x5 Warriors, Venom
x5 Warriors, Venom
x5 Warriors, Venom

x5 Masters, Fiend, x5 Khymera, x6 Flock

Ravager, Nightshields



Big Ray's Eldar

Spiritseer

x9 Wraithguard
x5 Dire Avengers, Serpent w/ TL-Scatter, Cannon
x5 Dire Avengers, Serpent w/ TL-Scatter, Cannon

Wraithknight

So I am sure the initial reaction is WTF!?!?!?!? HARLEQUINS!?!?!?!?!?  Breath slowly, take a coupel deep breaths and relax.  I am freaking out just like you are!  Ever since we submitted our lists, I have been goign back and forth!  I am unsure how they will perform.  I predict very much feast or famine.  I am sure in atleast 1 or 2 games they will be MVPs.  The other games.... Just die or do nothing.  I do think in this format, they can do some work.  I think they put out enough attacks (4) on the charge and high enough WS (5) to reliably hit and Rend with theb est of them.  We plan on using them as bodyguards for the Wraithguard.  Ignoring Cover when moving allows them to be fast while remaining hidden with a 2+ Cover save standard.

The rest of the list is pretty standard.  3 Venoms, Beasts, and a Ravager for me is pretty standard and will do work, like always.  We went with the Wraithguard to get a hard, tough to crack troop.  5 man squads are good, but 9 Wraithguard gvie us soem Strength 10 and a nice objective holder when need be.  2 Serpents and a Wraithknight will offer great support for our assault elements. 

I wil predict us going 5-1.  i like our lists and both of us are competent generals.  The big X Factor is the Harlequins.  I have officially played 1 game with Harlequins before and they got shot off the board before doing anything.  We have a practice game set up for tomorrow so hopefully I can get the much needed practice.  Wish us luck and I will report on the games next week!

As a note, 25% of the army lists submitted have Tau in them!  So it looks like, every table will have atleast 1000 points of Tau on it at the least.  it's going to be great killing a bunch of Blue Communists!

YEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment