Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Twin-Linked Results and the Guardian Cup!

So with the Twin-Linked Team Tournament wrapped up for the season, I will write a brief rundown of last tournament.  In the future, I will write something on the changes I would like to see and possible changes to my own lists.

So the last tournament ended with a bang!  Me and my buddy Big Ray Barrera went in wanting to win the last tournament.  We ALMOST accomplished this goal.  Getting a 37/40 in our first two games, we ended up playing Matt Bess (my old TL partner) and ben Vaughan.  A very formidable combo indeed.

 To start, the mission we played was probably one of the worst missions in a tournament I have played.  It made us split our forces, and had the enemy only 18'' away from us.  Not ideal since you can get first turn charges VERY easily.  Unfortunately for us, they seized on a 5+ (a special ability they earned) on us and proceeded to wipe me off the table.  Matt podded 3 pods in and Ben turned his Sabre Platforms on my army and all but wiped me out.  Without the support of Ray, I was easy pickings.  Without his support or models on my side of the board, they could worry abotu him AFTER killing me.  Which they did with ease.  A very frustrating end to a tournament because I don't feel that we got out played, but the mission was set up so bad, that it was an uphill battle from the start.  Oh well, you win some and you lose some. 

Evn with our crushing defeat, we still tied for 2nd place and we won 1st Overall for the Season by 17.5 points!  Huge victory for us!  Very fun season in which I had the luxury of playing and winning 3 tournaments and the overall season award!  Thanks Mark!

Now, for what's coming up!  This weekend, in Portland, OR is the Guardian Cup at Guardian Games is happening.  It is a 2 day, 6 game event and the ticket only cost $20!!!!!  WOW!  From what I have heard, it is the largest game store in Oregon and has Beer on tap inside the store!  WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?  Awesome!

I will be heading up with Matt Bess and Mark Broughton.  Lyzz Foster and Sirus the Virus Chapelle will beh eading up as well.  A few Zero Comp guys will be up as well as Oregon's finest.  Here is the websitey ou can go to for details.  They are full with 40 people with a 10+ person wait list.  they are running a NOVA style tournament with brackets and missions.

Here is the list I will be bringing:

Baron- 105
x5 Warriors, Venom- 110
x5 Warriors, Venom- 110
x5 Warriors, Venom- 110
Beasts, x5 masters, Fiend, x5 Khymera, x6 Flock- 250
Ravager, Nightshields- 115
Ravager, Nightshields- 115

Farseer, Spirit Stone, Shard of Anaris, Jetbike- 170
x5 DA, Serpent w/ Scatter Laser, Cannon- 195
x5 DA, Serpent w/ Scatter Laser, Cannon- 195
x7 Warp Spiders- 133
Wraithknight- 240

I think it is pretty solid and gives a nice base to deal with all targets.  Fliers might give me the most trouble, but hopefully the Serpent can down them and Guided Spiders can certainly help!

I am worried about a few lists, but I am mostly there to have fun and play with a great group of guys!  I am very much lookign forward to it and will definitly let you know how it goes!

Still have some painting to do, but not much.

-Finish the Wraithknight and the gems on him
-Paint the canopy and Cannon on the Venom
-Paint an entire Ravager (Ah!)
-Touch up metal Beast models
-Finish putting wash on display board


I guess that is quite a bit!  LOL... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment